Before – During – After Match Safety
EGC member IDPA classified shooters arriving at EGC may have a holstered firearm on his/her person as long as the firearm is unloaded (magazine out, hammer down, slide forward or cylinder empty and closed). IDPA shooters MUST wear a cover garment to the match venue.
This means you now have the following options showing up to the match:
* DO NOT show up to the range with a loaded firearm. Before you enter the gate to EGC, your weapon MUST be unloaded and holstered at all times.
* DO NOT show up to the range and gear up or touch your weapon at your vehicle.
* You may show up to the range and gear up at the Safe Table (observing the Safe Table rules) as we have been doing.
Do not handle ammunition at any time at the safe table.
* You may gear up at the convenience of home and show up to the range IDPA match ready, exit your vehicle, grab your range bag, and walk to the berms.
* We still operate as a “cold range.” The ONLY time our weapon comes out of the holster is either at the safe table or on the firing line under the direction of the Safety Officer.
* Other than at the designated safe tables, there will be NO handling/unholstering of firearms unless on the firing line and directed by the SO to “load and make ready”. ALL shooters, not just SO’s, need to monitor members for compliance.
* AFTER the match is over, you may continue with your UNLOADED weapon holstered (cover garment on) if you desire and AFTER you have got in your vehicle and exited EGC property, you may make your weapon hot if you are a CCW permit holder. Or you may gear down at the safe table (observing all safe table rules) as we have done in the past.
* If you are not a CCW permit holder, it is your responsibility to transport your weapon in your vehicle or on your person in accordance with Florida Statutes 790.
* This notice only applies to our IDPA shooters ON THE DAY OF THE MATCH.
We hope this makes our pre-match preparations better for all.