Attention all Lake County IDPA Shooters,
Lake County IPDA has experienced tremendous growth in the past 18 months – from about 40 shooters per match to over 100 registered shooters (September 2017), and that doesn’t even include the snowbirds! While we would like to accommodate everyone, we simply do not have the space, resources or manpower at this time to prevent the match from becoming an ‘all-day event’. The Board has elected to cap the number of shooters at 78. The following procedures are now in effect:
- We will operate six squads, 13 shooters per squad, limit of 78 shooters.
- Online registration will require a $10 non-refundable fee, which will be applied toward your match fee at check-in.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION REQUIRED. No in-person registration, except for first-time walk-ins, who will be allowed to shoot if less than 78 shooters are checked in by 8:20AM.
- Limit one Division per shooter.
- Once we reach online registration capacity, we will begin a wait list.
- 72 hours prior to our match, an email reminder will be sent to all registrants asking that those who need to withdraw do so at this time.
- 24 hours before the match, we will fill in squads with wait listed shooters (on a first-in basis with priority given to current IDPA members) and send out an email with the FINAL squad lists.
- On-site wait-listed and first-time shooters will be squadded into available slots on a first-come basis at 8:20AM with priority given to shooters with IDPA membership.
- Online registration for shooters will begin at 6AM on the 15th of the month for the upcoming match the first Saturday of each month. Safety officers will be allowed to register 1-day earlier so that we can spread them evenly across the 6 squads prior to general registration.
- On day of match, shooter check is from 7:45AM to 8:15AM.
- IF you are not checked in by 8:20AM, your slot will be given to another shooter on the wait list, even if you have paid your registration fee. Check in on time!
- IF there are slots open in a squad at 8:30AM, a shooter in that squad may register and shoot in a second division (such as SSP and PCC).
- New shooter orientation begins at 8:30AM.
- SO walk-through and brief at 8:30AM.
- Safety Briefing at 8:45AM.
- Match begins at 9AM.
Concealment required unless otherwise noted in Stage Description. EGC rules apply when outside match area (as marked cone).
We apologize if walk-in or wait listed shooters do not get to shoot once we reach 78 confirmed shooters. Please stay around, watch the action and help out. We are a 100% volunteer organization and always appreciate the help.
Q: Will IDPA members have a priority in filling the first 78 slots?
A: No. ALL shooters will have the same opportunity to register for a match and selecting one of the available 78 slots. Once a person has been slotted into a squad, they will not be displaced, regardless if there are an IDPA member or not.
Q: How will you clear the wait list for opened up spots?
A: Wait list will be cleared the day before the match on a first-in, first-out basis (based on timestamp of online registration) with priority given to IDPA members. For example, if three slots become open, the first three IDPA members on the wait list will be selected, even if an non-IDPA shooter is ahead of them. Obviously, our intent is to get people to join IDPA in order to support the sport. Interestingly, the IDPA Match Director/CSO Handbook REQUIRES IDPA membership for repeat shooters, even at Tier 1 or local matches.